Sunday, November 7, 2010

go.

10.49pm, 7th of November, 2010.
Listening to: Far East Movement ft. Ryan Tedder - Rocketeer.

Go.
Come on, let’s go.

We’ve so much to do, so much to see.

And so little time to do it.

Life is too short to worry about yesterdays and tomorrows.

We have today. We have each other, today.

And you know what? It’s enough.

If I had time, I would read a library full of books.

If I had wings, I would take off and fly.

If I had everything in the world, I would give it all away for just a moment longer with you.

So, follow me. Into a place where the sun never fully sets. Where a day shall never completely pass.

Hours, minutes, seconds are irrelevant.

For us, time will stand still.

We can do anything.

We can dominate the world, if you like.

We will be unstoppable.

Nothing can hold us back.

No puppet strings to constrict us, no walls to close us in.

Nothing left but that scent of freedom; freedom that may one day suffocate us.

And that is why we will live each day like our last.

Forget what you left behind; drain it from your body.

Breathe in and let it go.

Because all that matters is what’s in front of you now.

Right, right, in this very instant, right now.

Now,

We will bring this city to its knees.

Buildings will crumble beneath our footsteps.

And bridges will fall in our wake.

It’s simpler than it sounds, trust me.

As long as we keep moving, the dusk can never catch us.

Together, we will defy gravity.

So, what more do I have to say to convince you?

Quick, take my hand. Let your legs run freely. Jump, bound, leap off the ground and soar through the air.

And don’t, for one second, look back.

Come now, let’s go.

imagecredit: http://rekit.deviantart.com


Behind the Story

Don’t you ever feel like escaping? Letting go of time and all things that bind you to this world? This is an ode to everyone who’s ever dreamt of leaving life behind, strapping on a jetpack and flying high. There really is so much to do in life, and not enough time to do it, because we’re too tied down by work or commitments. The only reason for it, for suffering so hard, is to survive life, or to provide for the ones we love. But, before we know it, we’re all gone. Then, like all vicious cycles, it starts again. I wish, more than anything in the world to just be able to take off and live life properly. Not intelligently, or sensibly. Just living like we’re supposed to be.

‘Got my head up in the sky,
And I'm never looking down feelin' priceless, yeah,
Where we at, only few have known,
We're on the next level, Super Mario
I hope this works out, Cardio,
Til' then let's fly, Geronimo.

Here we go, come with me,
There's a world out there that we should see,
Take my hand, close your eyes,
With you right here, I'm a rocketeer,

Let's fly.’

This is my favourite song at the moment. It’s beautiful. It gives me goosebumps. Listening to it, I’m almost drawn away already. I imagine a place where ‘carefree’ would be everyone’s motto. Where love can overcome anything. And most importantly, loving yourself comes as first priority. If you believe you’re invincible, then why not be? The clouds are not the limit to our sky. They’re merely blocking the view. Like in the last lines of this song, ‘Where we stop nobody knows’. So, just forget what you know, what you’ve learnt.. Forget it, and go.

P.S. Far East Movement = ❤.

No comments:

Post a Comment